Arthritis Causes and Symptoms and Home Remedies for Arthritis rheumatoid The term 'Arthritis' is derived from the Greek words 'arthron' mean...
Arthritis Causes and Symptoms and Home Remedies for Arthritis rheumatoid
The term ‘Arthritis’ is derived from the Greek words ‘arthron’ meaning ‘joint’ and ‘itis’ meaning inflammation. It refers to more than 100 different types of arthritis conditions. The common denominator for all these conditions is joint and musculoskeletal (bones and muscle) pain. Arthritis is not just a disease of the old though many older people do have arthritis.
Arthritis is a joint (the area of the body where two different bones meet) disorder. Rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, pseudogout, psoriatic arthritis, and fibromyalgia are some common types. As a degenerative joint disease, it is the major cause of disability in older people. So it is better to consult physician as early as possible if any of the following symptoms persists. Let’s discuss the symptoms, diagnosis, and cure for arthritis.
Types of Arthritis
There are more than 150 different types of arthritis and all affect joints and bones. The most common forms of arthritis are:
2. Rheumatoid arthritis and
Osteo-arthritis:- it is the most common degenerative joint disease and occurs after the age of 40. In this the bones increase in size and the space between them decreases, making the bones rub against each other, causing pain. It also results from structure changes in the particular cartilage, in the joints, mainly of spine and knees.
Rheumatoid Arthritis:- It is a serious disease that can occur at any stage of life. It is more disastrous then osteoarthritis as it destroys the ligaments and tendons that join the bones and muscles. It affects not only the joints of the fingers, wrists, hips, knees and feet but also the muscles, tendons and other tissues of the body. It is an autoimmune disorder where synovial membranes that line the joints, get inflamed and thickened, leading to pain and deformity of joints.
Gout:- It is caused by an excess of uric acid that accumulates in the system forming crystals that are caught in the spaces between the joints and cause inflammation and irritation. An excruciating pain is created in thumb, knee or elbow and most commonly the big toe.
Symptoms of Arthritis
Symptoms often include pain, stiffness, swelling, redness, and heat in the joints. Symptoms, which include stiffness, swelling, pain and joint damage, are a result of the inflammation of the joints in the body. Symptoms usually do not last a lifetime and tend to disappear after several months or years. Symptoms of arthritis include pain and limited function of joints. Symptoms can range from an annoyance to the complete inability to use affected joints. Symptoms of psoriatic arthritis come and go but it is a lifelong condition.
Causes of Arthritis
1. Obesity and too much physical activities are the other common causes.
2. Genetics has a major role to play in all families and often diseases can be found even before they start showing signs, simply by looking at your family history.
3. The onset of childhood arthritis may follow an infection or injury, but these events do not cause the arthritis. With childhood arthritis, the body’s immune system stops working properly.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
1. The patient should relax for 30 minutes every night in a tub of warm water in which cupful of sea salt has been mixed.
2. Epsom salts (4 TBSP) should be added to bathing water, to reduce inflammation and stiffness of joints.
3. With feet massage eyesight improves and dryness, swelling and Oil massage should be done at least four times a mouth.
4. Take 1-2 capsules of cold liver oil daily, use hot/cold water according to local weather conditions.
5. Steam baths and massage once a week are beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
6. All general cold-water treatments, such as cold baths and cold sprays, should be avoided.
7. An extra supplement of calcium, zinc and vitamin C is often recommended and is worth trying at an early stage.
8. Sea bathing is considered beneficial in the treatment of arthritis.
Article from articlesbase.com
Below you will find some relevant Arthritis websites for you to browse. Thanks for taking the time to visit the Arthritis Information website.
AOL.com Video - Arthritis Pain in Larger Joints
Caprine arthritis encephalitis virus - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
The New War on Arthritis - WSJ.com
First Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Summits Mount Everest
Questions About Arthritis Drugs - New York Times